The Grove Medical Centre aims to give you the best possible standard of care. Your treatment and care will be given, after discussion and consent by you, by the most appropriately qualified member of the team. It is important that you understand all the information offered to you, so if in doubt please ask.
- People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them. The doctors and staff names will either be on their consulting rooms or on name badges.
- We run a 10 minute appointment system in the practice. You will be given a time at which you should be seen, however due to unforeseen circumstances you may not be seen at that time. An explanation will be given if the wait is longer than 30 minutes
- We endeavour to provide access for you within 48 hours to see a clinician and allow pre-booking of appointments through our appointment system. However if your need is more urgent we will give you an appointment with a doctor sooner. We will answer the telephone promptly. You should be able to speak to your gp by telephone and the staff will be able to arrange this If you have undergone tests or x-rays ordered by your gp you will be given instructions about following up for these results
- Patients will be treated with respect as individuals and partners in their health care, irrespective of their ethnic, cultural or religious beliefs. We will give you full information about the services we offer and every effort will be made to ensure you receive all information which directly affects your health care.
- The practice will offer advice and information on: -Steps you can take to promote good health and avoid illness -Self-help that can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments
- You have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in law. Your records will be kept confidential at all times.
- We will provide you with information about how to make suggestions or a complaint about the care we offer. We want to improve our services so we welcome any comments.
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please let us know if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Try not to save up a lot of different complaints for a single 10 minute appointment. Ask at reception for a double appointment (20 minutes) if you think you may need this. We need help too, please ask for home visits only when the patient is too ill to come to the surgery.
- Please keep your call brief and try to avoid calling during the peak morning times for non urgent matters and test results.
- Please try to adhere to your agreed follow up arrangements. Please do not ring for results before your allocated time.
- We ask that you treat the gps and staff with the same courtesy and respect. Abusive or violent behavior towards Bute house staff may lead to your removal from our list.
- Please read our booklet. It will help you get the best out of the services offered. If you do not understand or have concerns please ask the doctors or staff.
- Remember that you are responsible for your own health and that of your children. We will give our professional help and advice – please act on it Please ask your doctor if you wish to see your records, there may be a charge for this.
- Please read our booklet which will tell you about the arrangements we have to receive your suggestions, complaints or even compliments.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.