Bereavement Support in Dorset
Find local bereavement support
Experiencing bereavement is difficult at any time but it may be particularly traumatic during the COVID-19 pandemic. There is a wealth of support available to you, and Dorset HealthCare have put together details of support services ranging from emotional support and peer support to practical advice and guidance. We have listed these services below.
Advice and guidance
- BCP Council
- Dorset Council
- Bereavement Advice Centre
- UK Government advice
- British Psychological Society
- Cruse - 0808 808 1677
- National Bereavement Partnership - 0800 448 0800
- Funeral directors also offer bereavement support services
Children and families
- Mosaic - 01258 837071
- Winston's Wish - 08088 020 021
- Hope Again - 0808 808 1677
- Child Bereavement UK – 0800 02 888 40
- The Compassionate Friends - 0345 123 2304
- Simon Says - 02380 647550
Other resources and support
- Dorset Mental Health Forum
- Dorset Mind
- Rethink - Dorset Carers Support - 01305 262771
- Recovery Education Centre – 01202 584478
- Contact your local faith organisation or Faithworks
- Dorset Coroner's Service – 01202 454910
- bereavement support in Dorset poster.
Mental health crisis
Bereavement by suicide
If you're not sure what you might find helpful, Dorset Open Door can help. As a partnership of healthcare organisations and charities, they'll explore your options with you and link you with the right service.
You can click the button below, call 01305 361 361 or email email@example.com Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.